[Pw_forum] parallel computing -reg.,

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:19:06 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Muthu V <muthu.physicsmath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have constructed Beowulf type cluster with 3PCs ( i5 processor ) . I tried
> to run SCF calculation for graphene with the following comment
>
> mpirun  --hostfile /home/physics/hosts  -np  12
> /home/physics/espresso-5.0.1/bin/pw.x  -npool  12
> </home/physics/Desktop/grap.pw.in > grap.pw.out
>
> but i received the following error message.
>
> /home/physics/espresso-5.0.1/bin/pw.x: error while loading shared libraries:
> liblapack.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>   I checked in /user/lib directory with the comment  find liblapack* i got
> the following list.
>
>                     physics at master:/usr/lib$ find liblapack*
>                     liblapack.a
>                     liblapack.so
>                     liblapack.so.3
>                     liblapack.so.3gf
>
> so i conformed having liblapack.so.3. i searched in net but i could not get
> any appropriate post. i request to help to resolve this issue
> any help will be appreciated

"request" is a rather strong word. i hope you mean to "kindly ask".

have you checked whether your executable is 64-bit (likely these days)?
and whether the libraries are 64-bit as well or 32-bit (likely in /usr/lib)?

having the file doesn't mean that you have a _compatible_ file. the
dynamic linker will reject and incompatible shared library.

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0