[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:23:17 CEST 2013

Hi Anik, firts you have to equilibrate a liquid at a temperature high
enough (this depends on the fusion temp of your system, take 30% more). For
this you can use pwscf, with calculation_kind = "md", and set the time step
dt, the number of md steps nsteps, ion_dynamics (I usually use verlet), the
thermostat ion_temperature (usually a use rescaling), set the temperature
of equilibration tempw (for SiO2 I use 2000K) tolp (which is the tolerance
for temperature variation, usually I set 100K for high temperature
equilibration) . Then you can use the input variables of namelist IONS to
anneal since 300K or 0K. Refer to pwscf input parameters (
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html ) for
more details.

cheers

Layla