[Pw_forum] ground state structure calculation -reg.,

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Wed Nov 6 17:01:09 CET 2013

>  i) which method is correct whether doing doing vc-relax alone  or collect
> all volume and total energy from vc-relax output and fitting this with B-M
> equation ?

In my opinion, the biggest difference would come from systems with
hard pseudopotentials when stress tensor convergence is achieved at a
much higher plane wave cut off than the one required to converge the
total energy. If this difference between required cut offs are too
high one might as well obtain energy(volume) and use a valid equation
of state, rather than vc-rlx.

emine kucukbenli, postdoc at theos, epfl, switzerland