[Pw_forum] Calculation of U for Fe co-existing in two different oxidation state

Prasenjit Ghosh prasenjit.jnc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 10:12:13 CET 2013

Dear Matteo,

> I assume you have already downloaded and got familiar with the tutorial
> from the webpage of Quantum Espresso to calculate U. The only tricky part
> is that the 3+ and 2+ Fe have to be treated as atoms of different kind
> (although associated with the same pseudopotential) and perturbed
> independently.

Yes, I have done that.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will follow your suggestion and try it out.

Prasenjit

> --
> Matteo Cococcioni
> Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science,
> University of Minnesota
> 421 Washington Av. SE
> Minneapolis, MN 55455
> Tel. +1 612 624 9056    Fax +1 612 626 7246

PRASENJIT GHOSH,
IISER Pune,
First floor, Central Tower, Sai Trinity Building
Garware Circle, Sutarwadi, Pashan
Pune, Maharashtra 411021, India

Phone: +91 (20) 2590 8203
Fax: +91 (20) 2589 9790