[Pw_forum] The new GPU-version QE

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Thu May 30 14:06:37 CEST 2013

Dear Li,

there are some activities on-going for a first assessment using directive-based approaches and CUDA. What is currently working in the GPU-accelerated version of PHonon (ph-gpu.x) comes from PWscf or from some common modules in the QE suite. Lot of other computational intense parts can be GPU accelerated of course but there is not constant effort and a fixed schedule to deliver a proper version in the next 2~3 months.

In any case, I do suggest to stay tuned. Things are moving fast...

Regards,
Filippo

On May 28, 2013, at 5:29 PM, Chengyang Li <li.chengyang at wmich.edu> wrote:
> Dear all
>
>     I want to use the GPU-version QE to calculate phonon frequency ,does anyone know whether ph.x can be used or not? Thanks.
>

> Chengyang Li

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/filippospiga ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert