[Pw_forum] K-point convergence help

Ben Palmer benpalmer1983 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 21:17:32 CEST 2013

Hi Abolore,

I've converged the ecutwfc and ecutrho, then converged the k-points and
smearing.  At 18x18x18 the calculations are starting to take a lot
longer to run.  I was just wondering if I'd hit the sweet spot with the
smearing at just 0.05, or whether I'd really need to continue to higher
k-points.  Is it satisfactory to accept convergence at 0.05 for the
smearing width as all the k-points seem to converge there?

All the best,

Ben