[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Filipe Camargo Dalmatti Alves Lima flima at if.usp.br
Sun May 12 15:43:48 CEST 2013

Dear Mokhavat,

The band gap from DFT is a non reliable  quantity. This is why people uses
GW approach: to have a better band gap value. In other words, don't trust
DFT gap.

In your specific case I'm not sure how to answer since I have never used
the bands.x before.

Em 12/05/2013 06:54, "shiva mokhavat" <shiva.mokhavat at gmail.com> escreveu:

> dear users
> I am working on GaP compound.I found that experimental studies show 2.35
ev width for it's band gap. when I run bands.x the gap widht is 2.20 ev,
but when I run dos.x the gap width is 1.45 ev.I used tetrahedra for nscf in
dos, but use smearig for band. I attached my input files. I use espresso 4.3