[Pw_forum] qustion

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sun May 12 10:47:19 CEST 2013

Dear Lorenzo,

if you are trying to install QE-GPU on a mac (macbook? macbook pro? mac desktop?) I have no idea if it will work or not. Up to now, I have tested the code on linux environments. I should suggest you to focus first to the standard Quantum ESPRESSO package (so CPU only) and when you will be familiar with the code then switching to the QE-GPU.

Speaking about your specific problem, I am not familiar with Open MPI running in a mac environment. From my perspective, the mac is simple a portable terminal that I use to access a Linux machine remotely using SSH. I found this link on google: https://sites.google.com/site/dwhipp/tutorials/installing-open-mpi-on-mac-os-x

Hope this help,
Filippo

On May 11, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Lorenzo Donà <lorechimica91 at hotmail.it> wrote:
>> Da: Lorenzo Donà <lorechimica91 at hotmail.it>
>> Data: 11 maggio 2013 17.22.35 GMT+02.00
>> A: pw_forum at pwscf.org
>> Oggetto: qustion
>>
>> Good morning I am a youg student in chemistry and I really like quantum chemistry but I'am also not so able to use a Mac terminal I tryed to install espresso-5.0-GPU i opened my terminal i changed my directory to espresso directory i put ./configure a lots of outputs and at the end configure: success and after I put make all and the output was :
>> Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
>> Fortran 90 support.  As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional
>> make[2]: *** [iotk_base.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [libiotk] Error 2
>> make: *** [libiotk] Error 2
>> can you help me to install quantum espresso on mac please.
>> Excuse me if i bother you.
>> Thanks dealy Lorenzo Donà.

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.me ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert