[Pw_forum] Spin-Unrestricted Calculation for O2 Adsorption

Vic Bermudez victor.bermudez at nrl.navy.mil
Wed May 8 01:28:10 CEST 2013

Hello,

	I want to do a calculation for O2 (in its triplet ground state) adsorbing
on a surface. The surface, as usual, is modeled using a two-dimensional slab
supercell. For the free O2 molecule I know how to treat the triplet ground
state using

&SYSTEM
.
.
nspin=2,
starting_magnetization=0.17,
nband=8,
occupations='from_input',
.
.
/

OCCUPATIONS
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0

	What I don't know is how to extend this type of input to the adsorption
case. It doesn't seem practical to specify "nband" and "occupations" for the
entire supercell + O2. There has to be a better way, but I haven't been able
to find anything in the documentation or at the users' forum.
	Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic Bermudez

Victor M. Bermudez