[Pw_forum] PWscf & GPUs

Ben Palmer benpalmer1983 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:46:41 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

The queues to our HPC can be quite long even for access to 16 or 32
cores for a few hours.  I was hoping to build a GPU accelerated system
at home that I could run PWscf on exclusively.  Are there any
limitations to the type of graphics card required, like a minimum
compute capability version?  I've got a very low budget, so Nvidia
Teslas are only things I can dream of, with the GTX650 being a more
realistic choice.  Has anyone had any success with using such graphics
cards to speed up PWscf?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Palmer, Student @ University of Birmingham