[Pw_forum] a band-gap problem

Marzieh Salimi salimimarzieh at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 3 08:01:23 CET 2013

Hello
I am investigating structural and electronic properties of AgSbTe2.
AgSbTe2 is a narrow-gap semiconductor. But LDA calculations show that it is a semimetal and there is no gap in band structure. So that, I used LDA+u calculation but the band-gap problem was not solved and again there was no band gap.
In a paper, the problem was corrected by sx-LDA.
Can I use sx-LDA by quantum espresso? And if not, how can I correct band gap problem using quantum espresso?
thank you