[Pw_forum] Real displacements from the complex eigenvectors

Alexandr Fonari af3_pw_forum at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 15:20:24 CEST 2013

Dear Dr. Wang,

can you expand a little how you arrived to this results?
also in the panasis code I found this comment [1]:

here is the correct algorithm for making the eigenvectors
real:
abbreviated form: one needs to extend the supercell and multiply by phase factor
and add together as complex conjugates until they are real
(this is already implemented somewhere in isotropy--email stokes
more later...

I don't understand where complex conjugate part comes from.

[1] http://danse.cacr.caltech.edu/packages/dev_danse_us/parnasis-0.5.tar.gz

thanks,
Alexandr.