[Pw_forum] neb.x with v5.0.2

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Jun 4 10:50:14 CEST 2013

The only change between v.5.0.1 and 5.0.2 that might explain
what you see is the following one:
http://qe-forge.org/gf/project/q-e/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%
2F&view=rev&revision=9356
In fact the paths for the two versions are not the same,
although they are not very different:

<      initial path length           = 10.6709 bohr
<      initial inter-image distance  =  0.9701 bohr
---
>      initial path length           =  9.8891 bohr
>      initial inter-image distance  =  0.8990 bohr

Apparently this patch works in some cases but not all.
While waiting for better ideas, you may remove the
IF ( idx > 1 ) THEN ... END IF section in
NEB/src/engine_to_path_pos.f90 and recompile.
Thank you for reporting this problem.

P.