[Pw_forum] phonon calculation

Banafshe Noori b_noori88 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 14:18:20 CEST 2013

Dear Xirainbow:
Thank you very much for your reply.
What is "relax of phonon calculation?
My purpose was the relax calculation before doing calculation of frequency.

Message: 1Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 19:07:20 +0800

From: xirainbow <nkxirainbow at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] phonon calculation

To: Banafshe Noori <b_noori88 at yahoo.com>, PWSCF Forum

    <pw_forum at pwscf.org>

    <CABBv2WJG3M5aiQc_nsSi6BcebE4oF2_yop42qNEs0Jrz-9vJ1Q at mail.gmail.com>

Dear Banafshe Noori :

> can i use of press_conv_thr   for a relax of phonon calculation?

            What is "relax of phonon calculation"? You can even do

phonon with experimental crystal lattices and atomic positions without

any relaxation.

> and why the stress on my system is too high?(-40kbar)

           Take the output structure of pw.x as an input and relax it

again and again.

> What parameters do I need to be changed to reduce stress?

            Reduce press_conv_thr.