[Pw_forum] A few questions about MD simulations

Robert Hembree hembreerofphysics at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 18:16:37 CEST 2013

Thank you for the detailed reply.

> wavefunctions do not "disappear", but only those at the last step (or the
last two, or three, if wavefunctionn interpolation is used) are kept
I wonder if I might have encountered a bug then because when the run
completes and the program exits the *.wfc files are gone. I can probably
build a new one using an nscf calculation and the charge density though as
the title.save directory is still completely intact. I noticed that by
increasing the amount of information stored to disk I am left with these
.mix files. I haven't checked yet but I guess they could be stored there.

Thank you,
Robert hembree