[Pw_forum] Band gap

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sat Jan 19 11:18:32 CET 2013

On Jan 19, 2013, at 9:24 AM, ramzi alaya wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> When we want to use a supercell to treat the case of alloys, we are actually folding of the Brillouin zone to the point gamma, how to determine the energy gap from the band structure

As usual, I would say: E(gap)=E(LUMO)-E(HOMO)

SB

---
Stefano Baroni -  http://stefano.baroni.me, stefanobaroni (skype)
on leave of absence from SISSA, Trieste, presently at the Department of Materials, EPF Lausanne (until March 2013)

I believe in the despotism of human life and happiness against the liberty of money and possessions - John Steinbeck