[Pw_forum] plan_avg.x for wavefunction squared calculation

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Jan 17 12:54:14 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 17:44 -0600, pari shok wrote:

> I could not get the wavefunction squared for a structure which its scf
> had already calculated with only gamma point with pp.x.
> I read that plan_avg.x does the same calculation for gamma point, but
> I have not found its input file.
> I would appreciate if anybody could either show me a trick to get the
> wavefunction squared of gamma point with plotnum=7 or plan_avg.x.

could you please provide an example showing when is not possible to
plot the wavefunction squared at Gamma? I don't remember any such
limitation. Plan_avg.x performs planar averages, so it is a different
object. It is little documented and you have to look into the code
and experiment a bit to figure out how it works

P.
--
Paolo Giannozzi, IOM-Democritos and University of Udine, Italy