[Pw_forum] Pseudo directory error

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 15:47:19 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Bramha Pandey <pandey.bramha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dear Axel and Ari for your elaborate explanation about non commercial
> and free software. But we can see easiness compilation of all packages which
> is included in espresso and there may be existing some problem with gfortron
> which like me users can not check and correct where the problem is existing.
> for example QHA package in
> espresso is compiled only by ifort.

what has that to do with the price of rice in china? ;)

if you want to use the intel compiler, you need a valid
license, and - as discussed - the non-commercial
license does not apply to people working in academia.
the fact that you have a broken gfortran installation
on your machine doesn't justify using software in
violation of its license. am i allowed to steal your
car, because i couldn't pay for a cab??

apart from that, i contend that the code in question
*does* compile correctly with gfortran, you probably
simply need to update to a more recent version.
if you believe, that the code itself is in error, please
provide *proper* proof and report it to the gfortran
or quantum espresso developers, depending on
where you confirm the bug.

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0