[Pw_forum] Question about charged supercell

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon Feb 25 16:03:12 CET 2013

On 25/02/2013 14:19, Stefano de Gironcoli wrote:

> Hybrids functional can serve that purpose.
> DFT+U corrections can also address this issue if the U parameter and the
> molecular orbital manifold of the fragments on which it is applied is
> chosen properly.

Thanks Stefano! Also, as a bit of advertisement, linearization is
the goal of the "Koopmans' compliant" functionals we have recently
introduced, as a generalization of DFT+U. Even if not available yet in
QE, there are pedagogical descriptions in Dabo et al PRB 82, 115121
(2010), PCCP 15, 685-95 (2013).

			nicola