[Pw_forum] calculate the XANES in absolute energy scale using QE

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue Feb 12 11:28:06 CET 2013

Dear Felix
You haven't found because it is not possible... As far as I know the only case which allows for
absolute (usually not very accurate) estimates of XANES peaks is the one related to gas phase
molecules, with the sample mixed with a non interacting species (like CO2, e. g.,  in the case of
C(1s)-->unoccupied states transitions) providing an appropriate reference. I do not know about XANES
(i. e., xspectra.x) calculations applied to extended systems and reproducing absolute absorption
values. People usually align one of the calculated peaks with its measured counterpart.

HTH

Giuseppe

On Monday 11 February 2013 21:57:19 Feng Tian wrote:
> Dear users and developers,
>                                              I have a question about how to
> do the XANES in absolute scale which can be compared to experiments.  I
> haven't found any tutorial for this, so could anyone give some instructions
> or direction to some  instructions. Thanks a lot.
>

> Best
> Felix

- Article premier - Les hommes naissent et demeurent
libres et ègaux en droits. Les distinctions sociales
ne peuvent être fondèes que sur l'utilitè commune
- Article 2 - Le but de toute association politique
est la conservation des droits naturels et
imprescriptibles de l'homme. Ces droits sont la libertè,
la propriètè, la sùretè et la rèsistance à l'oppression.

   Giuseppe Mattioli
   v. Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
   I 00015 - Monterotondo Stazione (RM)
   Tel + 39 06 90672836 - Fax +39 06 90672316