[Pw_forum] IOTK Errors and Ifort Compilers

Ben Palmer benpalmer1983 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:16:33 CET 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a few IOTK errors with PWscf from the 5.0.1 suite on our
University supercomputer, and have read that the probable cause is the
intel compiler.  I'm running the same simulation on my home computer,
compiled with mpif90, and it runs fine on there.

I read that there was a workaround:

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/user_guide/node14.html#SECTION00037570000000000000

But is this still applicable to 5.0.2 as I can't find the BLOCKSIZE
parameter in the iotk_files.f90?  (One option could be to move install
5.0.2 if it's already been fixed)

I just notice the extra note which says ifort v12.0.2 works fine.  Does
anyone know if the latest ifort works ok too?

Thanks

Ben Palmer
Student @ University of Birmingham, UK