[Pw_forum] Trouble installing PP package for Quantum-Espresso 5.0

Zhongnan Xu zhongnanxu at cmu.edu
Wed Dec 11 17:04:00 CET 2013

Thank you for your quick response. I suspected the issue had something to
do with my version of the compiler.

I downloaded version 5.0.2 as well as applied the patch. However, I am now
having an issue compiling version 5.0.2. This was actually the reason why I
used 5.0, because I never addressed the issue. The error message after
doing make pw is shown below.

mpif90 -O3 -g -x f95-cpp-input -D__GFORTRAN -D__STD_F95 -D__FFTW -D__MPI
-D__PARA -D__SCALAPACK  -I../include -I../../iotk/src -I../../Modules -I.
-c exx.f90
 In file exx.f90:1547

                  ENDIF&
                      1
Error: Expected terminating name at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1553

                END DO &
                  1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1556

             ELSE GAMMA_OR_NOT
                             1
Error: Label 'gamma_or_not' at (1) doesn't match IF label 'if_ecutfock'
 In file exx.f90:1559

                DO ibnd=1,nbnd !for each band of psi
                             1
 In file exx.f90:1505

              DO ibnd=1,nbnd,2 !for each band of psi
                                                   2
Error: Variable 'ibnd' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at
(2)
 In file exx.f90:1589

            GAMMA_OR_NOT
                       1
Error: Expected label 'if_ecutfock' for END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1591

          END DO IQ_LOOP
            1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1592

       END DO JBND_LOOP
         1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1593

    END DO IKK_LOOP
      1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1616

  END FUNCTION  exxenergy2
    1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1620

  FUNCTION exx_divergence ()
 1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1622

     USE constants, ONLY : fpi, e2, pi
                                     1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1623

     USE cell_base, ONLY : bg, at, alat, omega
                                             1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1624

     USE gvect,     ONLY : ngm, g
                                1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1625

     USE wvfct,     ONLY : ecutwfc
                                 1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1626

     USE io_global, ONLY : stdout
                                1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1627

     USE control_flags, ONLY : gamma_only
                                        1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1628

     USE mp_global, ONLY : intra_bgrp_comm
                                         1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1629

     USE mp,        ONLY : mp_sum
                                1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1631

     IMPLICIT NONE
                 1
Error: Unexpected IMPLICIT NONE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1632

     REAL(DP) :: exx_divergence
                              1
Error: Unexpected data declaration statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1635

     INTEGER :: iq1,iq2,iq3, ig
                              1
Error: Symbol 'ig' at (1) already has basic type of INTEGER
 In file exx.f90:1636

     REAL(DP) :: div, dq1, dq2, dq3, xq(3), q_, qq, tpiba2, alpha, x, q(3)
                                                                         1
Error: Unexpected data declaration statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1638

     INTEGER :: nqq, iq
                      1
Error: Symbol 'iq' at (1) already has basic type of INTEGER
 In file exx.f90:1639

     REAL(DP) :: aa, dq
                      1
Error: Unexpected data declaration statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1660

              xq(:) = bg(:,1) * (iq1-1) * dq1 + &
             1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1664

                 q(1)= xq(1) + g(1,ig)
                1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1665

                 q(2)= xq(2) + g(2,ig)
                1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1666

                 q(3)= xq(3) + g(3,ig)
                1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1717

     DO iq=0,  nqq
                 1
 In file exx.f90:1484

          DO iq = 1,nqs
                      2
Error: Variable 'iq' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at (2)
 In file exx.f90:1740

  END FUNCTION exx_divergence
    1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1744

  FUNCTION exx_stress()
 1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1749

    USE constants, ONLY : fpi, e2, pi, tpi
                                         1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1750

    USE io_files,  ONLY : iunigk,iunwfc, nwordwfc
                                                1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1751

    USE buffers,   ONLY : get_buffer
                                   1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1752

    USE cell_base, ONLY : alat, omega, bg, at, tpiba
                                                   1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1753

    USE symm_base,ONLY : nsym, s
                               1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1754

    USE gvect,     ONLY : ngm
                            1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1755

    USE gvecs,   ONLY : nls, nlsm, doublegrid
                                            1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1756

    USE wvfct,     ONLY : nbnd, npwx, npw, igk, wg, current_k
                                                            1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1757

    USE control_flags, ONLY : gamma_only
                                       1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1758

    USE wavefunctions_module, ONLY : evc
                                       1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1759

    USE klist,     ONLY : xk, ngk, nks
                                     1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1760

    USE lsda_mod,  ONLY : lsda, current_spin, isk
                                                1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1761

    USE gvect,     ONLY : g, nl
                              1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1762

    USE mp_global, ONLY : inter_pool_comm, inter_bgrp_comm, intra_bgrp_comm
                                                                          1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1763

    USE mp_global, ONLY : my_image_id, nimage
                                            1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1764

    USE mp,        ONLY : mp_sum
                                1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1765

    USE fft_base,  ONLY : dffts
                              1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1766

    USE fft_interfaces, ONLY : fwfft, invfft
                                           1
Error: Unexpected USE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1768

    IMPLICIT NONE
                1
Error: Unexpected IMPLICIT NONE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1769

    REAL(DP)   :: exx_stress(3,3), exx_stress_(3,3)
                                                  1
Error: Unexpected data declaration statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1770

    complex(dp), allocatable :: tempphic(:), temppsic(:)
                                       1
Error: Symbol 'tempphic' at (1) already has basic type of COMPLEX
 In file exx.f90:1771

    complex(dp), allocatable :: rhoc(:)
                                   1
Error: Symbol 'rhoc' at (1) already has basic type of COMPLEX
 In file exx.f90:1772

    REAL(DP), allocatable :: fac(:), fac_tens(:,:,:), fac_stress(:)
                               1
Error: Symbol 'fac' at (1) already has basic type of REAL
 In file exx.f90:1773

    INTEGER :: jbnd, ibnd, ik, ikk, ig, ikq, iq, isym
                  1
Error: Symbol 'jbnd' at (1) already has basic type of INTEGER
 In file exx.f90:1774

    INTEGER :: half_nbnd, h_ibnd, nqi, iqi, beta, nrxxs
                       1
Error: Symbol 'half_nbnd' at (1) already has basic type of INTEGER
 In file exx.f90:1775

    REAL(DP) :: x1, x2
                 1
Error: Symbol 'x1' at (1) already has basic type of REAL
 In file exx.f90:1776

    REAL(DP) :: qq, xk_cryst(3), sxk(3), xkq(3), vc(3,3), x, q(3)
                           1
Error: Symbol 'xk_cryst' at (1) already has basic type of REAL
 In file exx.f90:1778

    REAL(DP) :: delta(3,3)
                         1
Error: Unexpected data declaration statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1789

    allocate( fac_tens(3,3,ngm), fac_stress(ngm) )
                     1
Error: Syntax error in ALLOCATE statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1799

    DO ikk = 1, nks
                  1
 In file exx.f90:1446

    DO ikk=1,nks
               2
Error: Variable 'ikk' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at
(2)
 In file exx.f90:1810

        DO jbnd = 1, nbnd
                        1
 In file exx.f90:1457

cle is outside band)
                   2
Error: Variable 'jbnd' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at
(2)
 In file exx.f90:1821

                iq=iqi
                     1
 In file exx.f90:1484

          DO iq = 1,nqs
                      2
Error: Variable 'iq' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at (2)
 In file exx.f90:1837

                  q(1)= xk(1,current_k) - xkq(1) + g(1,ig)
                 1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1838

                  q(2)= xk(2,current_k) - xkq(2) + g(2,ig)
                 1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1839

                  q(3)= xk(3,current_k) - xkq(3) + g(3,ig)
                 1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1841

                  q = q * tpiba
                       1
Error: Function 'q' requires an argument list at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1845

                      fac_tens(1:3,beta,ig) = q(1:3)*q(beta)
                     1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1860

                      fac_stress(ig) = 0._dp   ! not implemented
                                                               1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1865

                      fac_stress(ig) = 0._dp   ! not implemented
                                                               1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1873

                            grid_factor
                                      1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1876

actor
    1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1880

                      IF (gamma_only) fac_stress(ig) = 2.d0 * fac_stress(ig)
                                     1
Error: Unclassifiable statement in IF-clause at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1882

                      IF (on_double_grid) fac_stress(ig) = 0._dp
                                         1
Error: Unclassifiable statement in IF-clause at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1886

nted)
    1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1889

                        fac_stress(ig) = 2.d0 * e2*fpi/(qq+yukawa)**2
                                                                    1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1893

                        fac_stress(ig) = e2*fpi / (8.d0*erfc_scrlen**4)
                                                                      1
Error: Unexpected STATEMENT FUNCTION statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1902

                    DO ibnd=1,nbnd, 2 !for each band of psi
                                    1
 In file exx.f90:1505

              DO ibnd=1,nbnd,2 !for each band of psi
                                                   2
Error: Variable 'ibnd' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at
(2)
 In file exx.f90:1922

                          vc(:,:) = vc(:,:) + fac(ig) * x1 * &
                         1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1925

                          vc(:,:) = vc(:,:) + fac(ig) * x2 * &
                         1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1933

                    DO ibnd=1,nbnd !for each band of psi
                                 1
 In file exx.f90:1505

              DO ibnd=1,nbnd,2 !for each band of psi
                                                   2
Error: Variable 'ibnd' at (1) cannot be redefined inside loop beginning at
(2)
 In file exx.f90:1947

                        vc(:,:) = vc(:,:) +
rhoc(nls(ig))*CONJG(rhoc(nls(ig)))
                       1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1970

  END FUNCTION exx_stress
    1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
 In file exx.f90:1974

END MODULE exx
  1
Error: Expecting END IF statement at (1)
Error: Unexpected end of file in 'exx.f90'
make[2]: *** [exx.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home-research/zhongnanxu/opt/espresso-5.0.2/PW/src'
make[1]: *** [pw] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home-research/zhongnanxu/opt/espresso-5.0.2/PW'
make: *** [pw] Error 2

Thanks.

- Zhongna

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Paolo Giannozzi
<paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it>wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 16:34 -0500, Zhongnan Xu wrote:
>

> > Error: Exponent at (1) must be INTEGER for an initialization
> > expression
> >  In file elf.f90:222
> >       rdg(i) = fac * 100.d0 / abs(rho%of_r(i,1))**(4.d0/3.d0)
> >  [...] Am I using the wrong compiler or incorrect options? What can I
> > do to fix this? Thanks.
>
> some compilers do not like powers with non-integer exponent in a
> declaration. If you look a few lines above the one you mention,
> you will likely find:
> real(dp), parameter :: fac = (1.d0/2.d0)*1.d0/(3.d0*pi**2)**(1.d0/3.d0)
> In more recent QE versions (e.g. 5.0.3) "fac" is just declared as real,
> not parameter, then initialized in the first executable line
>
> P.
> --
>  Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
>  Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
>  Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

Zhongnan Xu, PhD Candidate
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
zhongnanxu at cmu.edu