[Pw_forum] DFT+U

Suza W suza.rri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 14:19:40 CEST 2013

Hi Emine,

Thanks a ton for your kind reply.

For lead (Pb), if one gives Hubbard_5d = y eV, is this enough ?
Or, one also has to have a Pb pseudopotential where 10 electrons
of 5d-state must be treated as valence states ?

I mean, is this acceptable,  if one has a Pb pseudo with  6s2 6p2
(only four electrons in valence)  and then she/he wants to apply
Hubbard_5d = y eV for the 5d-orbital which is fully frozen inside the core ?

Furthermore, is this at all permitted to give Hubbard U_f  and Hubbard U_d
together for the same element ? In some cases in the literature, the
Hubbard U_p
and Hubbard U_d together have been used for the same Titanium
(Ti) element.  Is this physically meaningful ?

Regards,
Suza

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Kucukbenli Emine <emine.kucukbenli at epfl.ch