[Pw_forum] Two vacuum energies with dipole correction

Ali KACHMAR kachmar_ali at hotmail.fr
Wed Apr 17 14:14:12 CEST 2013

Dear all,

Sorry, I did not spot that the pseudopotential used in the input file for the Workfunction calcultion has been a GGA  pseudopotential. I am also sorry to use the word 'close' because I think 'compared' is much appropriate.

The difference between GGA and LDA for the workfunction calculation for pure metal surfaces is in the range of 0.2-0.3 eV (Table VI, PRB. 80, 235407 (2009))

Beside the LDA prediction of the workfunction calcultion for pure metal surfaces, my interest was on the mixing_mode (Three mixing_mode are available in QE) effect on the calculated workfunction. After reading, consulting and testing  the three type of mixing it seems that the mixing method has no effect on the workfunction results.

Could someone comment please in case of the mixing_mode has an effect on the workfunction results?

Best regards,
A. Kachmar