[Pw_forum] k point grid hybrid functionals

"Valentina Dellacà C.R.F. S.C.p.A." valentina.dellaca at tirocinanti.crf.it
Mon Apr 15 14:33:43 CEST 2013

Dear Lorenzo,
thanks for your answer. I still have some doubts; when you say that

'In the limit where the {q} grid contains only the Gamma point, than
     each k-point exchanges only with itself (not with Gamma!).'

it means that the q+k grid will end up to be the k grid. But then,

'In the
     opposite limit where the {q} grid has the same spacing as the {k}
     one (which may include a shift) then the {k} grid becomes equivalent
     to the {k+q} one, for every k. I.e.  the {k} grid and any {k+q} grid
     are just shifted and re-indexed w.r.t each other. '

which is the difference with this second case? I have thought that when
q grid and the k grid have the same spacing, the number of k+q points is
larger than that of the k points, so they could not be equivalent.
As you see, I am a beginner and a bit confused about this topic, do you
have any paper to recommend me?
Thank you very much,
regards

Valentina