[Pw_forum] using pp.x to calculate psi^2

Hongze Xia hongze.x at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 01:59:41 CEST 2013

Dear Paolo,

Thanks so much for your kind help. Currently we are looking for the eigenvectors from diagonalizing the Hermitian matrix which gives the electron band structure. It seems to me now tha |psi(r)|^2 does not contain information about individual c(n,k) but only the sum of that. It is also true for the charge density at r.

Can I ask: is that possible to extract individual c(n,k) out from the calculations or is that possible that I could print the Hermitian matrix which yields the electron band structure?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Best Regards,
Hongze Xia
PhD candidate in Photovoltaics Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052 Australia