[Pw_forum] pw.x does not work

Pablo García Risueño garcia.risueno at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:20:16 CEST 2012

Dear Espresso experts

I am making my first steps in Espresso. Unfortunately, I am still unable to
make it run. After doing $ configure and $ make pw (Espresso 4), everything
is all right. Howver, if I do

$ /users/sol/risueno/Desktop/espresso-5.0.1-GPU/bin/pw.x < si.scf.in >
si.scf.out

No error message appears, but the scf calculation is not performed. The out
file ends with:

     Initial potential from superposition of free atoms

     starting charge    9.99966, renormalised to   10.00000
 T F

Could anybody help me? Thank you very much

Dr. Pablo García Risueño

Institut für Physik, Humboldt Universität, Newtonstrasse 15 (Claudia-Draxl
Group), 12489 Berlin, Germany

Tel. +49 030 20937904