[Pw_forum] Meatl USPP and light impurity atom

Darío Fdez-Pello Lois pello.lois at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:27:00 CEST 2012

Dear Paolo,

Thanks for your reply and comments.

Concerning your suggestions, I'm afraid that I've should have said
that the metal I am working with is Tungsten. What I am trying to do
is to reproduce some results appeared in the literature, particularly
those related to the formation energy of light atom impurities. Poor
results are achieved not
only with H but with He as well (using the H/He PPs provided at QE's).

I've resolved to generate my own W PP in order to gain computer speed
by considering only 6 valence electrons.

Finally may I say that some members of my group have been able to
reproduce the menitoned results with quite good accuracy, using a
different PAW code.

Thanks once again.

  Darío.