[Pw_forum] Different optical mode frequency at the same q-vector

Kyeong-hyun Park kpark39 at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 16 05:09:11 CEST 2012

Dear Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto

Thank you for your suggestion though, unfortunately commenting out the
statement didn't resolve
my problem. I thought I was pretty close, but now it seems that it's one of
the input variables.

Based on what did you realize that my matdyn complained for non-converged
or non-stable system?
Would lowering either convergence threshold (conv_thr) or threshold for
selfconsistency (th2_ph) make
my system more stable? For now I have 'conv_thr=1.0d-8' and 'th2_ph=1.0d-14'

If it was a matter of symmetry, shouldn't I look at the 'K_POINTS' now?

I am sorry for asking each step of this process, but I have been stuck at
this point for a while and lost.

Thank you.

Best Regards,