[Pw_forum] warning message about matdyn.x

Chengyang Li li.chengyang at wmich.edu
Thu Oct 11 22:38:16 CEST 2012

I find I can not open matdyn.x correctly, it shows random characters

And when I checked the mailing list, I found this thread has a similar problem.

http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2012-June/024244.html

In my self consistent calculation input file, I choose to use the lattice vectors rather than ibrav/celldm, is it the reason that I can not calculate the phonon frequency with matdyn.x?

Chengyang