[Pw_forum] about ecutwfc convergence for total energy

James Mao xjamesmao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:43:39 CEST 2012

Thanks Carlo. The system is not metallic. Just as I mentioned, only atom
types it
includes are H, C, N, O, S, P, F.

I noticed last month Peng reported a similar observation:
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2012-September/025080.html

In his case he used smearing, and kpoints(4,4,3). His PP is also NC pbe
(pbe-n-kjpaw),
and observed a minimum at ecut=80, very similar to my case.

Best,
James