[Pw_forum] dipole correction-dipole field keep constant during optimization

Fenggong Wang wangfenggong at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:28:04 CEST 2012

Dear Guido,
       Thank you very much for your advice.
        Yes, it is a slab. The problem is it is difficult to converge if
the dipole correction is added because in our system the charge density is
changing too abruptly. Therefore, I was wondering whether adding a dipole
correction which is keep constant during the scf convergence can improve
the convergence problem. Of course, this will depends very much on the
initial value of the dipole field.
        Fenggong

e-mail: wangfenggong at gmail.com; fenggong at sas.upenn.edu