[Pw_forum] QE-GPU-5.0.2 (build1) is ready for download

Yue-Wen Fang yuewen.fang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:47:01 CET 2012

Dear Ivan,

Thank you! Hope GPU tech can make the computing world more beautiful!

Best!
Yue-Wen
ECNU, China

2012/11/27 Ivan Girotto <igirotto at ictp.it>

> Dear Yue-Wen,
>
> On 27/11/2012 13:38, Yue-Wen Fang wrote:
> > Does it supply us a prominent acceleration in pw.x, ph.x and so on?
> As Filippo has recently reported ph.x is still not supported. It might
> take advantage of the linear algebra libraries for GPU we have
> implemented for pw.x but we have still no record of people that have
> experienced on it.
> PW version for GPU can be considered a stable version. "Prominent
> acceleration" is a relative concept. It's definitely worth using it
> where NVIDIA GPUs (with a decent peak of double-precision) are available.
>
> For further question/discussion related to GPU please refer to
> q-e-gpgpu at qe-forge.org.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivan

Yue-Wen FANG, PhD candidate
Key Laboratory of Polar Materials and Devices, Ministry of
Education<http://clpm.ecnu.edu.cn/>
East China Normal University <http://www.ecnu.edu.cn/english/>
Phone: +86-18321726131
I will persist until I succeed!