[Pw_forum] problem of the convergence in surface calculation of magnetic insulator

yukihiro_okuno at fujifilm.co.jp yukihiro_okuno at fujifilm.co.jp
Fri Nov 16 05:32:18 CET 2012

Dear PWSCF users and developers.

I'm now using PWSCF in order to calculate the electric state of the

magnetic insulator. The material is ferri magnetic compounds and

has  64 atom in the unit cell.

We set LDA+U calculation. The results are not converged.

I have also experience that the convergence is not achieved

in anti-ferromagnetic materials with impurity.

How we should treat such a difficult convergence materials, and

in general what parameters should we corrected ?

A parts of my input is as follow.

 &system
    ibrav=4
    celldm(1)=20.0