[Pw_forum] ld1.x and virtual.x compatibility

Marino Vetuschi Zuccolini zucco at dipteris.unige.it
Mon May 21 11:01:25 CEST 2012

Dear Paolo,

On 20 May 2012, at 18:20, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:

> On May 19, 2012, at 17:52 , Marino Vetuschi Zuccolini wrote:
>
>> I generated the Al PP with the input below with ld1.x [...] and I
>> used it in virtual.x,
>> but after an error
>
> an error where? in virtual.x?

the "error" was an error message by the fact that virtual.x was unable to read upf_v1_format, as you said. I understand why browsing files upf_v*_format.

>> I compared the new one Al PP file with one distributed with
>> espresso [...]
>> The structure of the <PP_*> sections are clearly different.
>
> IIRC newer PP are written to a different version of the file format
> (there is a tag <UPF version="2.0.1"> or something like this)
> that virtual.x cannot read. You can force the PP file to be
> in the old format using option "upf_v1_format" in ld1.x, though

That's what I need, and next time I will spend more time to read the *.x manual. The problem is solved fully changing which_augfun='PSQ' to  which_augfun='AE'

Thanks

m.
Marino Vetuschi Zuccolini
zucco at dipteris.unige.it
Researcher / Geochemist
Laboratory of Geochemistry

DIPartimento per lo studio della TErra e delle sue RISorse - Università  di Genova
Tel. ++39 010 3538136 Fax. ++39 010 352169
Corso Europa 26, 16132 - Genova - Italy