[Pw_forum] DOS per eV per volume

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Wed May 9 16:34:23 CEST 2012

Dear Pari,
from Doc/INPUT_PROJWFC:
"All DOS(E) are in states/eV plotted vs E in eV"
i.e., states/eV/cell; if you want them in states/eV/volume you should
divide by volume/cell.
To be sure, you can try once integrating numerically (histograms would
be enough) the DOS up to the Fermi level to see you get the number of
electrons (or the electron density) you expect for your system.
HTH
Guido