[Pw_forum] Small value of stress at equilibrium (T=0,P=0)

Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin eariel99 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:49:35 CET 2012

Relax again from the last structure and you should get smaller residual
stress. Otherwise, increase the cutoffs.
Please, read this
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Methodological_Background#Stress

Stress smaller than 10 kbar in a solid generally have little effect.

Eduardo Menendez Proupin
Departamento de Química Fisica Aplicada
Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid