[Pw_forum] Fortran compilation error

Abdeslam HOUARI abdeslam.houari at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:13:21 CET 2012

Dear Elie;
As said by Axel, you must have a 90(95)-FORTRAN compiler installed in your
machine to configure and install any (the most of) ab initio code. The
configure script tells you that !! However, even though you one FORTRAN
compiler installed, you may still encounter the error message "Fortran
compiler cannot create executables". In this case, try to modify the
configure script in QE/install sub-directory by the specifying the right
one somewhere in the file.
Good luck
Best regards
Dr. Abdesalem HOUARI
Department of physics, Theoretical Physics Laboratory
University of Bejaia-06000. Algeria.
E-mail: abdeslam.houari at univ-bejaia.dz<http://fr.mc274.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=abdeslam.houari@univ-bejaia.dz>&
habdeslam at gmail.com<http://fr.mc274.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=habdslam@yahoo.fr>
https://sites.google.com/site/houariabdeslam/homepage