[Pw_forum] problem with neb calculations / openmpi

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:47:11 CET 2012

Dear Torstein, I dont see anything strange in the input file. What could
happen is that all the cpu do not see the same "HOME" or/and "SCRATCH". NEB
assumes that the input are in ./ and that every cpu knows what is ./ and
have the same ./ . First control that the code has generated correctly  the
files neb.dat and pw_i.in, pw_2.in in your running directory. If yes, you
can overcome the problem with the file system changing inside the file
neb.f90 ( espresso/NEB/src) :

open(unit=stdinpath,file="neb.dat",status="old")

with

open(unit=stdinpath,file="PATH_TO_YOUR_RUNNING_DIR/neb.dat",status="old")

and change the two occurrence of

OPEN(unit_tmp, file=trim(engine_prefix)//"1.in")

with

OPEN(unit_tmp, file="PATH_TO_YOUR_RUNNING_DIR"//"trim(engine_prefix)//"1.in
")

and recompile.

cheers

Layla