[Pw_forum] Eyvaz Isaev

Derek Stewart stewart at cnf.cornell.edu
Fri Mar 2 16:31:57 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

I was very saddened to hear that Eyvaz passed away.  Although I never
had a chance to meet him in person, we exchanged emails on several
research topics and I feel lucky to have met him through this forum.  He
was always ready to provide advice and encouragement to anyone working
with Quantum Espresso.  For my own research, his contributions to QE on
phonon properties and Fermi surface visualization have been extremely
helpful.  He will definitely be missed.

Derek

Derek Stewart, Ph. D.
Senior Research Associate