[Pw_forum] electronic excitation energy

bhabya sahoo bdslipun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:54:35 CEST 2012

F(V, T) ) Estatic(V) + Fphon(V, T) + Felec(V, T)
where Estatic(V) is the energy of a static lattice at zero temper-
ature; Felec(V,T) is the thermal free energy arising from electronic
excitations; and Fphon(V,T) is the phonon contribution. Both
Estatic(V) and Felec(V,T) can be obtained from first-principles
calculations directly. Density functional perturbation theory
(DFPT) is a well-established method for calculating the
vibrational properties from first-principles in the framework of
QHA