[Pw_forum] Equation of state with PW.x

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Sat Jun 9 04:29:47 CEST 2012

Dear Furman:
I think, the easier and better way to make such a "compress" is using isostatic pressure, which can be specified by parameter "press" in "cell" namelist, especially for the un-cubic system. For example, in HCP structure, the cell is determined by "a" and "a/c", while the volume changing, not only "a", but also "a/c" ratio changes, too.
Therefore, you can do a batch of "vc-relax" tasks with different press and gather the final volume and total energy to fit EOS. The aim compress, as 10% or 20% shrinkage, can be found from EOS fitting result, where you can obtain the P-V curve.

--
GAO Zhe
CMC Lab, Materials Science & Engineering Department,