[Pw_forum] plotrho and atom core !

m masoudnahali at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 02:31:26 CEST 2012

Hi

As it seems the atom cores (black circles) that are sketched by plotrho
code have identical sizes for different atoms. So it can make some plots
that have less taste for a chemist.
For example in my system I have C-C and C-H bonds with 1.4 and 1.1 angstrom
lengths respectively; I can see the density of electrons between the two
carbon atoms clearly however for
the C-H the two atom cores are tangent to each other and one cannot see the
density of electrons between the two atoms as clear as the former case. I
'd better mention that I can understand that there is a chemical bond with
the lines (contours) that come from the side of the circles but it would be
nicer if they had different sizes. Does it seem sensible to make a bit
change in the code ? or any comment to make the plot nicer ? Many thanks,
Sincerely Yours.

Ciao, m

Masoud Nahali
International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA)
masoud.nahali at gmail.com
alum.sharif.edu/~m_nahali