[Pw_forum] pseudopotential

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Wed Jul 25 18:32:04 CEST 2012

Perhaps knowing the physics behind it, the OP assumed that
vdW-relevant distinguishing factor between pseudopotentials is the XC
functionals they are generated with. In that case the question would
be legit and the answer I suppose would go like the following:

Choose a flavor of vdW you want to use, then

for input_dft="vdW-DF" use a revPBE pseudo
for input_dft="vdW-DF2" use a revised-PW86 (the last commit on this
was some 5h ago so i would use w caution.)

instead, input_dft="vdw-df-c09" or "vdw-df2-c09" should both be used
with pseudos generated with c09x

And follow the modifications to Modules/funct.f90 file with care for
addition of new vdW flavors :)

ciao
emine