[Pw_forum] Old problem with cppp.x

Gabriele Sclauzero gabriele.sclauzero at epfl.ch
Mon Jul 9 18:59:48 CEST 2012

Dear Negar,

    hard to say what is happening if you don't provide more details (serial or parallel version, distributed or global scratch, which compiler, cp input, how you run the commands, etc....).
Why have you the prefix commented out in the input? What is the actual restart directory that you want to read?
The default prefix is 'cp', so that the code should search for cp_50.save. Have you got that file in outdir?
If the code searches for cp_51.save then your input might not have been read correctly, since 51 is the default ndr.
Are you sure that you haven't got some spurious characters in your input (this may happen if you convert from Win to Linux or copy paste from some text editors).
Have you tried with some other (small) test system, on another machine, etc.?
If you tried everything correcly and still get stuck you may submit a small input file (both for cp and cppp) that can be run fast and shows the problem.

Regards,

GS

Il giorno 09/lug/2012, alle ore 18.01, Negar Ashari Astani ha scritto:
> Dear Gabriele,
>
> Thanks for your reply, I should have been more thoughtful about the quotations!
> I'll put my actual input here:
>
> &INPUTPP
> !  prefix = 'Anatase',
>   fileout ='out',
>    output = 'xsf',
>    outdir = '/scratch/negar/espresso/out/',
>    lcharge=.TRUE.,
>    lforces=.TRUE.,
>    ldynamics =.False.,
>    lpdb=.TRUE.,
>    lrotation = .False.,
> !   ns1, ns2, ns3,
> !   np1, np2, np3,
> !   nframes=50,
>    ndr=50,
> !   ndw=91,
>    atomic_number(1)=22
>    atomic_number(2)=8,
> !   charge_density= 'full',
>    state= 'KS_1',
>    lbinary=.TRUE.
> /
>
> I'm still getting the same error! and what surprises me is that I have set the ndr value equal to 50 in both my cp.in and cppp.in and the program is still looking for cp_51.save! which doesn't exist! (Even if I change the folder name to 50 manually, that wouldn't change anything!)
>
> Many thanks,
> Nash

§ Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA
   PH H2 462, Station 3, CH-1015 Lausanne