[Pw_forum] Problems in Bands of Graphene Nanoribbon

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sun Jul 8 11:40:04 CEST 2012

Dear Zhida Song

       I'm putting the Pw_forum mailing list in cc as that would be a
more appropriate address where to submit queries about PWscf. Please
sign your future posts with your affiliation.

        coming to your question.... think what is the difference between
a localized basis set code and plane wave one ?

        what would be the results of an empty cell by flpo ? empty !
        what would be the result of a pw code ? the 3-D free electron
band structure projected on the z axis..
        which one is correct ?

        so what is missing in your friend's band structure that Pwscf
correctly gives ?

        hope this helps, best,

   stefano
-
Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS