[Pw_forum] bamd structure of FeS2

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Jul 6 09:09:30 CEST 2012

On Jul 6, 2012, at 8:03 , Abolore Musari wrote:

> I would like to ask if it is possible for some band from valence
> band to cross fermi level for a semiconductor material

if a band crosses the Fermi energy, it is not a semiconductor,
by definition.

> is there any explanation for this.

there is a gap in your band strcture. Tthe Fermi energy is not where
you placed it but 1eV or so above, somewhere in the gap

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222