[Pw_forum] [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 10.00/5.0] Re: [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 10.00/5.0] Re: (no subject)

Yavar Taghipour Azar ytaghipour at aeoi.org.ir
Tue Jul 3 07:08:12 CEST 2012

Dear Guido,

When we use projwfc.x program to calculation of projected dos, summation on
the all of projected dos on the all of atoms in unit cell, is in good
agreement by total dos. But when we divide the unit cell into 2 parts and we
use projwfc.x for calculation of local dos, the sum of two local dos columns
is smaller than total dos.
I will be very grateful ifyou can give me a suggestion or reference for more
information about the origin of the difference between result of local dos
and summation of projected dos in the same volume.

PS: I want to compare total and adsorbate-projected density of states, which
one is correct method; summation over all projected dos on adsorbate atoms
or calculation of local dos for the box which contains all of the atoms of
adsorbate?

Thanks in advance.

Yavar Taghipour Azar
PhD Student