[Pw_forum] minimizing traffic on the pw_forum list

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Jan 18 17:17:33 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 16:50 +0100, Nicola Marzari wrote:

> Can the reply_to field go directly to the poster, so that we force
> someone to include pw_forum explicitly if they wish to do so?

it is a configuration option of the mailing list. Most people think
that the reply_to field should point to the poster and not to the
mailing list:
- http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
Others disagree:
- http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml
I personally prefer that people answer to the mailing list
whenever they have more than 0 bits of information. Anyway,
I just changed that option. Let's see how it works.

P.
--
Paolo Giannozzi, IOM-Democritos and University of Udine, Italy