[Pw_forum] query on fermi energy

Peter Wang yunpengwang at live.com
Sat Jan 14 18:14:00 CET 2012

if we do a bulk calculation, vacuum energy level can not be calculated,
because in bulk, there is no vacuum. To calculate vacuum energy level and
the relative energies in bulk with respect to vacuum energy level, a slab
calculation should be done. In a slab calculation, several layer of
materials as well as a vacuum with sufficient thinkness should be included
in one unit cell.

YP